Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Lord's Prayer

My Lord's Prayer


Dear Heavenly Father,

Excuse me, Father. It seems like now is a good time to pray, so I hope that you are heeding . . . and, I don't mean to be disrespectful by that.
Much is on my mind at the present time. This may, of course, be partly due to being a fervent writer, but much is to be desired still, in the way of what I purpose in my heart, for my mind, Lord, can become wrought with thick clouds. Clouds creep across my mind with these groping fingers, reaching for, Lord, and taking a hold of me- well, I don't exactly understand this notion- why, Father, are there so many fingers? Well, perhaps I do know. The scene is from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, when she runs into the wilderness and those trees nearly become ghosts, as some goblins or other reaching out with their skinny brambles, as arms and threatening somehow to overpower her, all at once. Lord, I cannot describe it. My clouds which creep into my mind threaten me, in- much the same fashion- I do sigh when I write this to you.
But, my Lord, I know that you can help me to overcome this enmity. You can help me to clear up these clouds, and create a blue sky, sunny and sheer. I know, Lord, that my faith in you will do me such- please, my dear Heavenly Lord, help your undeserving servant to make this possible. I have sin, but the amount of goodness, in my spirit- I can't measure it, so vast is it in its proportion. I know that Thou art with me. This knowledge will not be lost.


In your son's holy, and eternally precious name do I pray this,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment